January 16, 2008

Affiliate Program Resolved Question: Advice/help with a computer repair resulting in data loss at Circuit City...?

Took my fairly new HP laptop to Circuit City, to have it repaired (I had a defective LCD.) They took the laptop, no questions asked, nor details discussed, other than when the laptop would be ready. I did not back up my hardrive, under the assumption that it was unnecessary to do so, because I was simply getting my screen repaired. And yes, I have scolded myself enough for not doing so, but whats done is done. So, I get my laptop back about a month later (they said it would take 2 weeks; just goes to show the professionalism of Circuit Citys FireDog service), and to my surprise, my whole computer is erased. Everything. So, after I get home (Im infuriated) I take a look at the work order, that has a section and a place for a signature that states that the person understands that they've backed up their hardrive and CircuitCity and 3rd party affiliates have no responsibilty for it. Thing is, they didn't have me sign that! I lost hundreds of dollars in music and programs. Any advice?
Sorry, let me clarify; they totally replaced the hard drive. Thanks for the help though!
The only thing I could get out of them was that the hard drive was defective, so they had to replace it, and thats why the screen was ruined. To be honest, it seems to me that Circuit City is responsible for not doing their job; thats why I was considering to propose to make an out-of-court settlement with them. I have all receipts from all iTunes purchases, which total about 0, not to mention about 200 in programs that were bought online. I mean honestly, is it just me, or is Circuit City responsible? They did not bring up an issue of backing up anything, whatsoever.


Read community answers to this question. >>>

No comments: